Find a place in the country, affordable and zoned agriculture. Get outbuildings cleaned up and ready for livestock Get incubator and start building heritage chicken flock. Begin canning, fermenting, and dehydrating on a small scale.
- Set up composting area
- Remove excess brush and chip for garden
- Plan permaculture zones
- Do some container gardening & plant perennials
- Begin plotting and fencing pastures
- Get main garden area covered (cardboard and woodchips) and allow to overwinter and break down the cardboard over the winter and be ready to plant come next spring.
- Get some guineas to help keep insect pests at bay
- Get some ducks and start building flock
- Get garden in
- Begin work on orchard (fruit trees, berry bushes, etc)
- Set up water catchment system
- Expand meat flock.
- Start selling duck eggs
- Install wood cookstove
- Set up greenhouse
- Begin selling Orpington chicks and hatching eggs
- Begin a small dairy goat herd
- Expand canning and dehydrating
- Raise a couple turkeys or geese a year