"Hi, my name is Amanda, and I'm a Fetaholic."
Oh yes, I love me some feta cheese! I'm the one raiding everyone's greek salads looking for that perfect bite of feta. Where many women would love to be given flowers or chocolates, just give me a tub of feta and I'm yours forever :p!
There's only one thing better than a lovely hunk of feta cheese, and that's my MARINATED feta cheese! Seriously people, this has got to be one of the tastiest things I have ever put in my face! It is YUMMY!! It's crazy easy too! Don't worry about measurements, just throw it together and prepare to have your tastebuds tingle!
1. Cube up some feta, as much as you like and place in a bowl.
2. Add some dried oregano, fresh cracked pepper, and a clove or 2 of garlic, minced really fine. If you like things spicy, add some hot pepper flakes while you're at it!
3. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.
4. Now jazz it up with something tangy. You can use some fresh lemon juice, or a splash of wine vinegar, but if you REALLY want to make your tongue weep with joy, use some of the juice from your favourite olives!
|These are the kind of olives I always have in the fridge. I get them from Costco and they are divine! Swimming in a brine of balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil!|
5. Mix it all up and let marinate overnight in the fridge.
That's all there is to it! Just remember to allow it to come to room temperature before serving as the extra virgin olive oil will have solidified in the fridge. Easy peasy feta cheesy! Makes a FANTASTIC addition to a Shabbat menu!